Environment Management System Add-on
Empowering Growers to Implement Environmentally Sustainable Growing Practices
EMS brochure (click to open)
Primarily, this environmental add-on is for growers who wish to manage requirements for Farm Environment Plans (FEPs) alongside their usual NZGAP audit. The Land and Water environmental issues which are managed with the EMS include nutrient management, soil management, irrigation management, and water body management. These topics are covered in more detail here than they are in the core NZGAP standard.
In future, the EMS add-on will also enable growers to demonstrate their environmental performance to the market with an optional, additional scope which includes energy, emissions and waste.
The EMS add-on:
- Is an accepted pathway for enable growers to meet local authority requirements for Good Management Practice (GMP) and reduce their environmental impact
- Is available as an add-on for all NZGAP, NZGAP GLOBALG.A.P. Equivalent and GLOBALG.A.P. certified growers
- Simplifies complex environmental issues in the NZGAP assurance framework
- Enables growers to improve sustainability and measure their success Builds on the standards already applied by the grower
- Focuses on outcomes of improved environmental performance